Friday, July 22, 2011

Lack of motivation

I'm having a little bit of an issue this week with working out and eating healthy.

Two people I know joined a weight loss program and had some life stuff come up where they couldn't continue to go for a few months, within the last two weeks they decided to go back and each were able to loose 3 lbs. I'm super happy for them dont get me wrong and I'm so glad they went back and that they're happy . . . but I'm super bummed out.

I dont mean any ill will towards these people what so ever so dont get me wrong in that context, however these two people did nothing to regulate their weight . . . they didnt really intentionally workout, they didnt eat right or track their calories or anything of the sort and still within two months were able to loose 3lbs. I just went back and looked at my weights from the past two months . . . and I too . . . since the end of May have only lost 3lbs. What the eff . . . the last month I have been working my butt off, making sure I run/walk/ellip at least 25 miles a week and making sure i burn off 3500 calories for the week . . . and I loose the same amount as people that dont try at all. This is very discouraging to me

Part of me wants to just throw in the towel and be done with caring, just let nature take its course and let my body to what it wants instead of trying so hard just to not measure up. :(

1 comment:

  1. well wow i read your blog and i felt bad for you. I think you should not over work what you do. You need to take a good breath and start over to do slow. And think positive about yourself. To get high hope does not work and not worthy. It is better to take time and focus on what you eat.

    ReplyDelete