Monday, August 1, 2011

Washington D.C.

Woo hoo!!! The trip keeps getting better and better . . . the stuff we're doing is mondo fun.

 The day started with a 2.5 hour drive to a train station in order for us to get into Washington DC (who wants to drive and park there . . . no one)

See how happy we are (you'd never guess we work up at 5am)

Stop #1, Smithsonian Museum : Air and Space

 Such happy girls. 

 Stop # 2 Smithsonian Museum : American History


NEEDED to do a stop at Julia Child's kitchen

I hope to have a collection of cookbooks like this (cookbooks that I actually use, lol)

Stop #3 a bike tour of DC (this was my favorite part of the day)


We're super ready for this tour . . . 
(this tour, totally made me want to buy a bike)

That just about completes the day, we then hopped the Metro once again to head back to the car, in the midst of the car ride we stopped at Ruby Tuesdays for dinner then came back and passed out :)

Just noticed that this posting is my 100th post . . . I think its awesome that DC commemorates my 100th posting. 



1 comment:

  1. Hey Cheri! Thanks for sharing your trip pics! I enjoyed them! ;) and all of your blogs! Yes, do buy a bike! :) and congrats on 100th post! :) hugs

    ReplyDelete