Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Personal Record

Or PR as some people refer to it.

Last night I got together with a friend and although she has no idea shes my favorite person to talk to about running. She motivates me without even attempting to, its greatness.

She talked about Personal Records when it comes to running a 5k . . . now I'm NO WHERE near her 22 minutes, but it got me thinking that I'd like to work on my PR. Last summer I was able to condition my body to where I was (I think one time) able to do 3 miles in 36 minutes. Thats probably my PR. What'd like to is to get that to be 35. Now I'm not gonna tell you that this morning I woke up and did a 5k in 36 minutes . . .whats the point of lying to you? This morning I did run though, and I completed a 5k in 41 minutes.

For some reason I cant run . . . the ability is not there right now. But I'm setting yet another goal for myself ( I swear I set one of these every time I post). Each morning I go to the gym I'll be running in order to work on my PR. Why you ask . . . B/c I want to do this . . .



And I want to complete it in less than 40 minutes :)

Remember that goal I set for 50 more miles before I get my Iphone . . . wondering how thats going? (not well, ha)
Saturday: 9.5
Sunday 4
Tuesday 1
Wednesday 6
Friday 5
Saturday 7
Monday 4
Tuesday 3

Total : 39.5 miles

(the plan is 2 more miles tonight and hopefully by Friday ATT will have phones and I'll have 50 miles completed)

No comments:

Post a Comment