Monday, January 17, 2011

Crossroads

Last week was a HARD week. I dont know if it was the getting to work at 7am everyday, or the three meetings after school, or the additional hours with Destiny in the evenings but finding motivation to workout or eat right just didnt happen at all last week. I talked the talk on Monday, however the rest of the week occurred and I was just dead tired. I'm not going to allow myself to feel like an epic failure, I'm just gonna get up and get back into a workout routine.

The last two months I've really been battling with a decision that I just cant seem to make. Do I continue with training sessions or do I end them?
Pros to training:
- learn about strength training (that i dont do)
- forces me to go into LT during the work week
- opportunity to ask questions
- some days, its just fun
Cons to training:
- its out in Woodbury :(
- flippin expensive, and I wanna save money for summer trips
- dont feel like its getting me anywhere
- i'm never in the mood after working two jobs and not having dinner

I dont know . . . I'm literally at a crossroads. I thought after a year of paying for training sessions I'd be looking a lot different than I look now, and I really think I look the same after one year. I know my whole issue is my eating habits and maybe its time to join a program that will help me with eating. I got the whole workout thing down . . . I know what to do when it comes to working out, but working out doesnt matter if I'm eating pizza 3 times a week and candy everyday of the week.
Funny thing is I've tried to bring up the whole decreasing training and/or stopping with my trainer and its almost as if its not even a subject worth talking about. Ho hum . . . 

I went to Lifetime tonight and physically it wasn't hard to push myself, however when I was running I had the worst pain in my side, I pushed through it . . . but it was a pain.

What I did . . .
1 mile walk/run (45 sec @ 6.0; 75 sec @ 3.5)
1 mile uphill/downhill @ 3.5
2 mile elliptical

Eating . . . not worth mentioning today.

3 comments:

  1. hi :) if you really want to continue the training session.. why not try a new trainer at your LT?? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i heart my trainer, i just dont heart the expense that training comes with

    ReplyDelete
  3. i know u do. :) ah. :(

    ReplyDelete