Wednesday, January 19, 2011

I'm good enough, I'm smart enough . . .

. . . and gosh darn it, people like me. 

Thats right, I'm tapping into my inner Stuart Smalley and reciting a positive affirmation. Sometimes you just need to hear positive words to make yourself think good thoughts. Honestly today rocked, it was so busy from 7am to 9pm that I didn't have time to want to rest or think about my actions.

What I did today . . .
1 mile elliptical
1 mile walk/jog
training
Calories burned: 700

Cardio was hard today, couldn't find the energy to jog, training was great, I don't think I complained too much and I actually enjoyed what we did. However I just couldn't get into my cardio workout which is sad because normally its the other way around and I love the cardio but have to tolerate the training.

What I ate . . .
coffee
banana (100)
cottage cheese and peaches (170)
dried cherries and pretzels (145)
almonds (160)
cheese crackers (190)
chobani (140)
protein bar (270)
Total Calories: 1175

I had this mini heart to heart today with my trainer focusing on my eating habits b/c I now they're horrid and I dont know what to do in order to  fix it. I told him I eat to keep my hands busy, and he said that makes sense b/c I use my hands all day, and when I work out I have a twich and always need to do something with my hands. Then he said something that totally makes sense . . . I work my butt off working out because I can challenge myself and achieve a goal, but eating doesnt work like that and I cant get instant gratification from a eating habit. Something for me to consider while I'm in the Weight Watchers line . . . totally kidding.

One more note from Stuart Smalley: "You're should-ing all over yourself" . . . "trace it, face it, and erase it"
Man Al Franken what a smart SNL character choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment